How does Google Reviews Stars Rating work? My business score should be higher. The score of my star rating is wrong. Today I got a 5 star and the rating went down to 4.4.
Google Reviews’ Star Ratings is normally the compound average of the ratings received and you need to take into account:
- It may take as much as 2 weeks for the latest reviews to influence the rating score
- Google may use other signals to ensure that the overall score best reflects the quality of the establishment:
- How many of your ratings have written comments
- What is the “feeling” in each comment
- How much can Google trust the reviewer
- What is your rating score on Facebook, Tripadvisor, Yelp, BBB…
To confirm your Google Reviews rating score Calculation, you can use my Google Reviews Calculator »
Or follow the formula:
(Review Score X Number of Reviews) / Total Number of Reviews
If your review score is correct, probably you have now fewer reviews. This could be due to filtration of your Google Reviews.
You can also check these posts about Google Reviews: