I received an email saying “Good job, you got a new 5-star review” – so I clicked the big blue button in the email that says: “Read review” and I get a pop-up message that says “Can’t find this review”.
First, you need to check if you can find the review on your Google My Business Profile.
- Login into your Google Account connected to the Google Business Profile, and in Google Search, search for “my business”
- Click on “Customers” on the dashboard menu and then on “Reviews”
- Sort by “Newest” and search now for that review
If you don’t find it in there, most probably that review was removed. These are the reasons why a review can be removed:
- The client removed the review
- The client closed his Google account
- Google suspended his account
- Filtered by Google Automated Spam Detector *
- The review violates Google’s policy
- A Google user other than the reviewer or business owner reported the review as offensive, spam, not relevant, or inappropriate
- Google My Business Profile bug/human error, I have dealt with occasions where Google removed reviews by mistake or transferred them out to a competitor’s listing
What can you do
As it’s only one review, Google will not do much to resolve the issue and probably is not a good idea to contact the clients asking if they removed their review.
Your efforts are better employed by asking your current clients and new clients to review your business on Google. Check this article for a few tips.