I need help with a missing client review. My client left a review over three months ago and the review and my response was removed. Why was my review removed?”
These are the reasons why Google Reviews can be removed:
- The client removed the review
- The client closed her/his Google account
- Google suspended your client’s account
- Filtered by Google Automated Spam Detector * (the main reason)
- The review violates Google’s policy
- A Google user other than the reviewer or business owner reported the review as offensive, spam, not relevant or inappropriate
- Google My Business bug/human error, I have dealt with occasions where Google removed reviews by mistake or transferred them out to a competitor listing
*Google Filtering statement:
“Google uses automated spam detection measures to remove reviews that are probably spam. Although legitimate reviews are sometimes inappropriately removed, these spam prevention measures help improve people’s experiences on Google by ensuring that the reviews they see are authentic, relevant, and useful.“
From time to time Google tweaks the review filter algorithm, therefore increasing the number of reviews removed, check more in this article: Google Reviews Are Missing/Filtered
What can you do
As it’s only one review, Google will not do much to resolve the issue and probably is not a good idea to contact the clients asking if they removed their review.
Your efforts are better employed by asking your current clients and new clients to review your business on Google. Check the article below for a few tips:
How can I ask customers for a review as soon as they visited my business?
I hope this article helped you.
If you need further help, I am here for you. It does not matter if it’s your business or you are a professional that wants help with a client case:
- How to Remove Google ReviewsIf you are reading this article, you want to remove […]
- Google Review – “Can’t find this review” ErrorI received an email saying “Good job, you got a […]
- Will a Google My Business Profile lose its reviews, if the business move to a new location and change the name?My business is thinking of moving to a new location […]