A big spike in the number of posts in the Google My Business Help Community Forum of an issue, in which, Business owners complain that they are not able to verify their business profile.
Along these lines:” I’ve received the verification code through post. But when I try to enter the verification code, it says: To verify your listing, update your business info. Your business info currently has errors. To be able to verify your listing, take a few minutes to correct it. I can’t see what’s the error. Kindly help me.“
Example of the notice in the GMB Dashboard:
We are monitoring the situation on the forum and it can either be a bug on Google My Business or Google released some spam protection improvement.
Update 03 November 2020 – Some users advised that after changing some of the business information in the “Info” section, a couple of hours later they could request another postcard to verify the listing.
Make sure your information complies with Google My Business guidelines.
So no Business name with keyword spamming (Business Category, Location, City,etc), Online Businesses, Share Offices, Po Boxes, etc.
Update 24 November 2020 – After troubleshooting many listings, there are issues with those listings:
- Business name with keyword stuffing
- The business address is a Private Residence and Google does not allow it. Solution: Clear the Address and add Service areas
- Choose wrong categories
Please check your listing for the above issues, apply changes and wait up to 48h, you may need to verify it again.
After you make the changes (and verify it again if you are required to do so) and your listing still has the same error, you should contact Google My Business Support
I will keep you updated.
To learn the latest about Google My Business, you should check these articles:
- Google My Business New Metrics Rolled outI reported a few months ago that Google was rolling […]
- Google My Business Messaging is getting a boostGoogle is releasing new ways for your businesses to see […]
- Google My Business/Google Maps Spam and Fake Listings Guide FAQFAQs about Spam/Fake Businesses on Google