Google has updated the options and flow when you flag a review through Google My Business’ dashboard.
The new form asks the business owner, “Why are you reporting this review?” Then it offers these options:
- Off topic: Review doesn’t pertain to an experience at or with this business
- Spam: Review is from a bot, a fake account, or contains ads and promotions
- Conflict of interest: Review is from someone affiliated with the business or a competitor’s business
- Profanity: Review contains swear words, has sexually explicit language, or details graphic violence or other illegal activity
- Bullying or harassment: Review personally attacks a specific individual
- Discrimination or hate speech: Review has harmful language about an individual or group based on identity
- Personal information: Contains personal information such as address or phone number
- A new confirmation. Google also shows the business owner a new confirmation screen after they submit the review flag. Here is what it looks like:
- The descriptions below each option are new
- Previously there was a “hateful, violent, or inappropriate” option, now has been split into 3 options: Profanity, bullying or harassment
- New option: Personal information
The new flow
You will get into a new screen advising “You’re reporting a policy violation to Google. It may take up to 3 business days to process your request.” and asks you to submit.
Then you will receive a new email:
Improve your profile ranking with my Google My Business Training – GMBpedia
To learn the latest about Google Business Profile (Google My Business), you should check these articles:
- Why your Business is Not Showing On Google MapsAre you struggling to find your business on Google Maps?… Read more: Why your Business is Not Showing On Google Maps
- Google Business Profile Still Processing The Verification (Pending Review)This article is for you if you see the following… Read more: Google Business Profile Still Processing The Verification (Pending Review)
- Will my Google Business profile ranking be affected after a suspension?No, for most Google Business Profiles. Typically, your business profile… Read more: Will my Google Business profile ranking be affected after a suspension?