Google released the 2020 Spam report on Google Maps: “A look at how we tackle fake and fraudulent contributed content”. However, I will look at stats connected to Google My Business.
- 55 million policy-violating Customer reviews were blocked or removed, of those, 960,000 reviews were reported by users.
- 3 million fake/Spam Google My Business Profiles were removed, of those, 300,000 reviews were reported by users.
- 160 million photos were reviewed and removed that violated policies or were of low quality.
- 3.5 million videos were reviewed and removed that violated policies or were of low quality.
- Google suspended more than 610,000 user accounts after detecting and investigating suspicious or policy-violating behaviour.
- Google stopped more than 3 million attempts by bad actors to verify Google My Business Profiles that didn’t belong to them.
Google confirmed using AI during the Google My Business verification process to help fight spam.
Even though the magnitude of these numbers, I believe Google could do even better but I am hopeful.
Learn how to use Google My Business with my Google My Business Course, part of my Google My Business Training – GMB Empower Training.
To learn the latest about Google My Business, you should check these articles:
- How to change users roles on Google My BusinessThis guide will show an easy way to change users […]
- Google My Business Public Profile Photos View Error (Open GMB Issue)There is a new Google My Business issue affecting the […]
- How to Respond to Google My Business MessagesThis guide will show how you can respond to Google […]