Some Google My Business users are complaining some of their reviews are not showing in their Google My Business Public Profile, I have seen an increase of threads on Google My Business Community Forum about missing or filtered reviews..
So if someone leaves a business a review in Google Maps/Google Search, those reviews are getting filtered or removed.
- This can happen if the reviews are too long (> 1000 chars) or if they contain content that violates Google’s policy on Prohibited and Restricted Content or Google’s review-specific criteria.
- One of the review-specific criteria: “Don’t solicit reviews from customers in bulk.” If you have set up a review kiosk in your place of business, all the reviews left there are likely to get filtered.
- it’s a bug or Google just made the review filter algorithm more restrictive. Anyway, hopefully Google will tweak the algorithm/solve this issue soon
Possible Work Around
Appears the only workaround for a filtered review to show up is to leave a star-only rating and then go back and update the review by adding the text. But it does not work all the time.
2021 September 20 – Google is advising to cases escalated, that reviews were filtered and it is working as intended Anyway, hopefully Google will tweak the algorithm/solve this issue soon.
As ever, I will keep you informed of any updates.
If you need to further your knowledge about Google My Business, know how to optimize your profile, what can be done to help you rank better, detailed step by step guides, Pro tips, keep up with the latest changes, rules and optimizations, etc – just check my ULTIMATE Google My Business Training!
To learn the latest about Google My Business, you should check these articles:
- Google My Business Suspended: Flagged For Suspicious Activity or Due To Quality IssuesYour business has been unfortunately suspended, and the reason for […]
- 500 Error Message When You Verify Your Google My Business ProfileThere is a new trending issue with Google My Business, […]
- Google My Business Products Not ApprovedGoogle changed the way Products work on Google My Business, […]