Some Google My Business users are complaining some of their reviews are not showing in their Google My Business Public Profile, I have seen an increase of threads on Google My Business Community Forum about missing or filtered reviews..
So if someone leaves a business a review in Google Maps/Google Search, those reviews are getting filtered or removed.
- This can happen if the reviews are too long (> 1000 chars) or if they contain content that violates Google’s policy on Prohibited and Restricted Content or Google’s review-specific criteria.
- One of the review-specific criteria: “Don’t solicit reviews from customers in bulk.” If you have set up a review kiosk in your place of business, all the reviews left there are likely to get filtered.
- it’s a bug or Google just made the review filter algorithm more restrictive. Anyway, hopefully Google will tweak the algorithm/solve this issue soon
Appears the only workaround for a filtered review to show up is to leave a star-only rating and then go back and update the review by adding the text.
2021 June 14 – Google is advising to cases escalated, that reviews were filtered and it is working as intented… Anyway, hopefully Google will tweak the algorithm/solve this issue soon.
As ever, I will keep you informed of any updates.
If you need to further your knowledge about Google My Business, know how to optimize your profile, what can be done to help you rank better, detailed step by step guides, Pro tips, keep up with the latest changes, rules and optimizations, etc – just check my ULTIMATE Google My Business Training!
To learn the latest about Google My Business, you should check these articles:
- Google Reviews New Scam – Pay to removeCBC investigation came across different types of issues with Google […]
- How to Turn On Google My Business MessagingFor your business being able to communicate and connect easily […]
- Google Reviews Preview Missing on the GMB Profile (Open GMB Issue)Some users are seeing issues with the Review Preview section […]