In the last few months, many Google Business Profile users are complaining that a few of their reviews are not showing/being published to their profile. Going to forums, asking and looking for advice as their Google reviews disappeared.
What is really happening? Those Google Reviews are being filtered.
Reasons For Google Reviews Filtering
- This can happen if the reviews are too long (> 1000 chars) or if they contain content that violates Google’s policy on Prohibited and Restricted Content or Google’s review-specific criteria.
- One of the review-specific criteria: “Don’t solicit reviews from customers in bulk.” If you have set up a review kiosk in your place of business, all the reviews left there are likely to get filtered.
- Google just made the review filter algorithm more restrictive, and even genuine reviews are filtered. Anyway, hopefully, Google will tweak the algorithm/solve this issue soon.
To learn the latest about Google Business Profile (Google My Business), you should check these articles:
- Google Business Profile Product Prices on Non-English Languages Profiles “Forbidden characters” ErrorIn some countries, there is a new issue where when […]
- What is the best Review score/rating for a Google Business Profile?Local businesses that improve Google Business Profile star ratings from […]
- Photos Uploaded Not Visible On Public Google Business Profile IssueThere is a big increase in the last few days […]