Yes, you can change. Before you do it, check my “Important notes” section below. If you want to go ahead you can use this guide: how to change business name on Google
It has to match your business’ real-world name, as used consistently on your storefront, website, stationery, and known to customers.
It can trigger a request for re-verification of the listing or even a suspension as Google will need to verify the new name is eligible.
If you add extra words to match your service/category/product or to match your city/town/village is considered spam and can result in your listing being suspended.
If your business changes its name and meets the following criteria, reviews aren’t removed:
• You make a minor name change.
• You have multiple locations and the business name changes.
If your business changes its name but doesn’t meet the criteria above, it’s considered a new business and reviews are removed.
If you need to further your knowledge about Google My Business, know how to optimize your profile, what can be done to help you rank better, detailed step by step guides, Pro tips, keep up with the latest changes, rules and optimizations, etc – just check my ULTIMATE Google My Business Training!
To learn the latest about Google My Business, you should check these articles:
- Google My Business Suspended: Flagged For Suspicious Activity or Due To Quality IssuesYour business has been unfortunately suspended, and the reason for […]
- How to Add and Remove Temporarily closed on Google My BusinessThis guide will show an easy way to add and […]
- How to change users roles on Google My BusinessThis guide will show an easy way to change users […]