Google My Business profiles now show the number of years in business, a great feature for local businesses. In this article, I will talk about this feature and how you can add/change “Years In business” on Google through Google My Business.
What is the “Years in business” feature
This feature started to appear in September 2020, but only in February 2021 Google officially launched “Years in business”.
Even though any business can add it, for now, it is only showing for service businesses:
Google Statement: “Add an opening date to your Business Profile to tell customers when your business first opened, or will open, at its address. Learn how to add an opening date.
While the “Opening date” feature is available to all businesses, eligible services businesses may find the “Years in Business” label in Search.“
How to Change “Years in business” on Google
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- On the left-hand side menu, click “Info”.
- Almost at the end, you will have “Add opening date”, click on the pencil to edit this field
- Enter your opening date
Change Years in business on Google – Step by Step Screenshots
Years in Business Examples on Google
Years in Business Notes
If the business hasn’t filled out this field on Google My Business, Google is defaulting to showing that the business has been open for less than a year.
To further your knowledge about Google My Business
Pre-launch discount available 😉
To learn the latest about Google My Business, you should check these articles:
- How to Add New Categories to Google My BusinessOnly Google can add new categories, so you will have […]
- How can I ask customers for Google ReviewsOne easy way to get customers to review your business […]
-  How to merge duplicate Google My Business listingsYou have one or more duplicates and you are in […]