Google advised in June 2021 that we can no longer create or edit short names, only delete them.
However, Short names and URLs that already exist will still work.
How to delete your Google Business Profile short name
- On your computer, sign in to Google Business Profile Manager.
- Go to the Info Tab (Left-hand side menu)
- Next to your current short name, click on the pencil to edit.
- Remove your short name by pressing “Delete”.
Screenshots on How to delete your Google Business Profile short name
To learn the latest about Google Business Profile (Google My Business), you should check these articles:
- How to Change The Primary Owner or Transfer Ownership on Your Google Business ProfileIf you want another user to be the primary owner […]
- Changing Business Hours on Google Business ProfileThis guide will show an easy way to change your […]
- Google Business Profile ID – What is, How to FindThis guide will show how you can find your Google […]