The logo is very important for your business image, your “branding”, as your Google Business Profile (formerly Google My Business) is normally the “first” connection between your business and new customers, you will want to show your Logo on the profile.
How to Add or Change Logo on a Google Business Profile
- On your computer, sign in to Google Business Profile.
- In the menu on the left, click Photos.
- Under the “Overview” tab,
- If no Logo added before, you will have the “Logo” card, click Choose photo.
- If you have a logo already, press on the pencil icon next to ”Logo” to change it
- The set logo pop-up box appears, you can either drag the logo or click on the blue button “Select a photo from your computer” to open the “file explorer”. Also, you can choose one of the photos already in the profile by pressing “Albums” or “Photos tagged of your business”.
- After you select the image file for your logo you can optimize your logo.
- You have a simple crop/center tool, you will notice a square with little boxes on each edge and inside you can see clearly the logo and outside is blurred. You can use the box on each edge to increase or decrease the “focus” area and push the “square around”, the area inside of the “square” will be shown on your profile.
- You can use the “Left” and “Right” button to rotate your logo
- You can add a caption to your Logo, just press “Add Caption” – You should add your business name logo + main service/product + main city/town
- When you have finished, then click on “Set logo”
Google Business Profile Logo Tips
Google Business Profile Guidelines for the Logo Image
These are the basic guidelines:
- Format: JPG or PNG.
- Size: Between 10 KB and 5 MB.
- Recommended resolution: 720 px tall, 720 px wide.
- Minimum resolution: 250 px tall, 250 px wide.
- Hotels and chains are not eligible for logo photos.
This is the Best Google Business Profile Logo Size
The best size for a logo is a Square at least 720px by 720px. The main area of the logo image should be inside of an inner circle like the guide below:
Bad Logo examples
In the example below, you can see how a non-optimized logo looks like on the public profile. The logo is not discernible, a lost branding opportunity…
In the example below, the logo was so reduced too much to fit, not clear at all.
Good Logo examples
In the example below, the logo is well fitted and the brand is well visible.
Your Google Business Profile Logo is not showing
For your logo to appear on the public profile, you need to enter all of the necessary info in Google Business Profile. This includes:
- Valid location with a street address (storefront businesses)
- Phone number
- Opening hours
There is an issue where you have an incomplete profile message box on the “Home” section.
The message box advises:
“Complete your Business Profile
Improve your local search ranking and help your customers with a complete profile
To some users it shows 85% complete and to others shows 80% complete.
Other Google Business Profile Related articles
- Photos Uploaded Not Visible On Public Google Business Profile IssueThere is a big increase in the last few days […]
- Google Business Profile Insights/Performance Data IssuesOn this page you will find issues (missing data, wrong […]
- How to Change Cover Photo On Google Business ProfileWhen someone searches for a product or service you offer […]