The logo is very important for your business image, your “branding”, as your Google My Business listing is normally the “first” connection between your business and new customers, you will want to show your Logo on the profile.
Logo Image – Google My Business Guidelines
These are the basic guidelines:
• Format: JPG or PNG.
• Size: Between 10 KB and 5 MB.
• Recommended resolution: 720 px tall, 720 px wide.
• Minimum resolution: 250 px tall, 250 px wide.
• Hotels and chains are not eligible for logo photos.
Best Google My Business Logo Size
The best size for a logo is a Square at least 720px by 720px. The main area of the logo image should be inside of an inner circle like the guide below:
Bad Logo examples
In the example below, you can see how a non-optimized logo looks like on the public profile. The logo is not discernible, a lost branding opportunity…
In the example below, the logo was so reduced too much to fit, not clear at all.
Good Logo examples
In the example below, the logo is well fitted and the brand is well visible.
How to Add or Change Logo to Google My Business
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business.
- In the menu on the left, click Photos.
- Under the “Overview” tab,
- If no Logo added before, you will have the “Logo” card, click Choose photo.
- If you have a logo already, press on the pencil icon next to ”Logo” to change it
- The set logo pop-up box appears, you can either drag the logo or click on the blue button “Select a photo from your computer” to open the “file explorer”. Also, you can choose one of the photos already in the profile by pressing “Albums” or “Photos tagged of your business”.
- After you select the image file for your logo you can optimize your logo.
- You have a simple crop/center tool, you will notice a square with little boxes on each edge and inside you can see clearly the logo and outside is blurred. You can use the box on each edge to increase or decrease the “focus” area and push the “square around”, the area inside of the “square” will be shown on your profile.
- You can use the “Left” and “Right” button to rotate your logo
- You can add a caption to your Logo, just press “Add Caption” – You should add your business name logo + main service/product + main city/town
- When you have finished, then click on “Set logo”
- Open the Google My Business app
- In the bottom right, you tap “+ Post “
- Press on “Add photos/videos”
- Tap on “Add photo or video”.
- Choose the type of photo or video you want to add: take a new photo or choose from a Gallery, as we are talking about logos the latter makes more sense.
- Choose your logo image
- When you have chosen the image for your logo, you go into a very simple photo editor, press on the ”Next” button
- You can add a caption to your Logo, just press “Add Caption” – You should add your business name logo + main service/product + main city/town. When finished, Tap Upload
- Then go and press “Profile” » press “Photos and find the image you uploaded to set as a logo.
- In the top right corner of the photo, tap “More”. To add or edit a logo photo: Tap Set as logo.
You Google My Business Logo is not showing
For your logo to appear on the public profile, you need to enter all of the necessary info in Google My Business. This includes:
- Valid location with a street address (storefront businesses)
- Phone number
- Opening hours
There is an issue where you have an incomplete profile message box on the “Home” section.
The message box advises:
“Complete your Business Profile
Improve your local search ranking and help your customers with a complete profile
To some users it shows 85% complete and to others shows 80% complete.
Other Google My Business Logo articles
- Google My Business Photo Uploads ErrorMany users are saying that when uploading photos to Google […]
- Google My Business Public Profile Photos View Error (Open GMB Issue)There is a new Google My Business issue affecting the […]
-  How to Change a Wrong Business Street View (360) PhotoIf the Street View 360 image is wrong (not the […]