The logo is very important for your business image, your “branding”, as your Google Business Profile (formerly Google My Business) is normally the “first” connection between your business and new customers, you will want to show your Logo on the profile.
How to Add or Change Your Logo on Google Business Profile
- You need to be signed in to the Google Account you use for your Google Business Profile
- Find your Business Profile by searching on Google for the exact business name or write “my business” in the search field
- Select “View profile”
- In the computer search dashboard, choose “Add photo” and, on the mobile, choose “Edit profile”
- Press on the “Logo” option
- The logo pop-up box appears, on the computer, you can either drag the logo or click on the blue button “Select a photo from your computer” to open the “file explorer”
- Select the image file for your logo
How to Add or Change Your Logo on Google Business Profile – Step by Step Screenshots
Google Business Profile Logo Tips
Google Business Profile Guidelines for the Logo Image
These are the basic guidelines:
- Format: JPG or PNG.
- Size: Between 10 KB and 5 MB.
- Recommended resolution: 720 px tall, 720 px wide.
- Minimum resolution: 250 px tall, 250 px wide.
- Hotels and chains are not eligible for logo photos.
This is the Best Google Business Profile Logo Size
The best size for a logo is a Square at least 720px by 720px. The main area of the logo image should be inside of an inner circle like the guide below:
Bad Logo examples
In the example below, you can see how a non-optimized logo looks like on the public profile. The logo is not discernible, a lost branding opportunity…
In the example below, the logo was so reduced too much to fit, not clear at all.
Good Logo examples
In the example below, the logo is well fitted and the brand is well visible.
Your Google Business Profile Logo is not showing
For your logo to appear on the public profile, you need to enter all of the necessary info in Google Business Profile. This includes:
- Valid location with a street address (storefront businesses)
- Phone number
- Opening hours
Other Google Business Profile Related articles
- How to Change Cover Photo On Google Business ProfileWhen someone searches for a product or service you offer […]
- Answered – Why was my Video rejected it meets all Google My Business Profile standardsI am trying to upload a Video into Google Business […]
- How to Add Logo to Google Business ProfileThe logo is very important for your business image, your […]