This guide will show an easy way to change the business name on your Google My Business Profile, with step by step screenshots.
The set of instructions are for businesses with a verified Google My Business profile. If you are yet to claim your business profile follow this guide first.
How to change business name on Google My Business
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- In the menu on the left, click Info.
- Go to the business name section and press on the pencil for you to edit.
- Clear the field and add the new name
- Click Apply.
Step by Step Screenshots
Changing the business name on Google My Business Notes:
After you submit, the status next to the information you edited will be “Under review.”
Changing the business name can trigger a request for re-verification of the listing or even a suspension as Google will need to verify the new name is eligible.
Your outdoor signs, website, marketing material has to match the new name.
You need to change the business name in other online digital properties as well: Facebook, Yelp, Tripadvisor, Yellowpages, etc. Why? if you don’t, Google may suspend your listing as it is finding conflicting information about your business.
If you add extra words to match your service/category/product or to match your city/town/village is considered spam and can result in your listing being suspended.
If your business changes its name and meets the following criteria, reviews aren’t removed:
• You make a minor name change.
• You have multiple locations and the business name changes.
If your business changes its name but doesn’t meet the criteria above, it’s considered a new business and reviews are removed.
If you need to further your knowledge about Google My Business, know how to optimize your profile, what can be done to help you rank better, detailed step by step guides, Pro tips, keep up with the latest changes, rules and optimizations, etc – just check my ULTIMATE Google My Business Training!
To learn the latest about Google My Business, you should check these articles:
- Google My Business Suspended: Flagged For Suspicious Activity or Due To Quality IssuesYour business has been unfortunately suspended, and the reason for […]
- How to Add and Remove Temporarily closed on Google My BusinessThis guide will show an easy way to add and […]
- How to change users roles on Google My BusinessThis guide will show an easy way to change users […]