When someone searches for a product or service you offer (for example “plumbers in Miami”) or your brand name the cover photo image is going to be the first and main image people see related to your brand:
What is the Google Business Profile (ex Google My Business) Cover Photo
So the “Cover” photo is the primary/main image that accompanies your profile across the Google ecosystem – in your business profile on a desktop or a smartphone and on Google maps.
Google My Business Profile Cover Photo Guidelines
- Format: JPG or PNG.
- Size: Between 10 KB and 5 MB.
- Minimum resolution: 250 px tall, 250 px wide.
- Quality: The photo should be in focus and well lit, and have no significant alterations or excessive use of filters. In other words, the image should represent reality.
- Stock photos should not be uploaded
How to Change Cover Photo On Google Business Profile (ex Google My Business)
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business.
- In the menu on the left, click Photos.
- Under the “Overview” tab:
- If no Cover photo has been added before, you will have the “Cover” card, click Choose photo.
- If you have a Cover photo already, press on the pencil icon next to ”Cover” to change it
- The set cover editor box will open
- You can either drag the cover photo or click on the blue button “Select a photo from your computer” to open the “file explorer”.
- Tip: if you want to use a photo already uploaded, you can do it on the GMB App.
- After you selected the image file for your cover, the process is finished
Change GBP (GMB) Cover Photo Step by Step Screenshots
Uploading the image that you want as your cover photo doesn’t guarantee that image will be selected by Google as the “cover” photo, but it does tell Google you prefer to display this photo.
If after a couple of weeks the cover photo you uploaded is not showing as the “Cover” photo on your public profile, you try the tips I have in my Google Business Profile (ex Google My Business) training.
Google Business Profile (ex Google My Business) Cover Photos Examples
Bad Cover examples
In the example below, you would think plumber, bathroom remodelers, etc
People evaluate what they are seeing, your cover photo is an opportunity to create trust.
One example (which is infamously funny) is when a customer at Bed, Bath and Beyond arranged one of their products to spell a “not-so-appropriate” word – then uploaded the image to the location’s Google My Business listing and Google chose it as the “Cover”.
Good Cover examples
In the example below, the cover is well fitted and the brand is well visible.
Change Cover Photo On Google Business Profile (ex Google My Business) FAQs
I hope this article helped you.
If you want to know more about this topic, you should check the GBPedia Exclusive Resources (14 days Money Back Guarantee)
You will also learn how to rank higher, get more customers, and/or how to use Google Business Profile (formerly Google My Business) to the fullest. It’s very affordable on purpose as price should never be a barrier to getting good knowledge.
To learn the latest about Google My Business, you should check these articles:
- Why are photos being removed from our Google Business Profile, when we are not deleting them?Many of our photos have gone missing/been removed off of […]
- Answered – Why was my Video rejected it meets all Google My Business Profile standardsI am trying to upload a Video of waves in […]
- Google (My) Business Profile Video GuidelinesGoogle changed a few times the guidelines for Videos uploaded […]