In this guide will show how to add and how to edit Google My Business Products’ Categories, with step by step screenshots.
Tip: If you are a GBPedia Member, you can follow a more in-depth personalized guide (includes screenshots, tips, videos, checklists) just login into GBPedia. If you are not a member but are curious about it, check here: GBPedia resources for Google Business Profile.
How to Add Product Category in Google My Business
- Click on “Products” on the left-hand side main menu
- Press on a Product already created or click on “Add product” for a new product
- Click on “Select a category”
- Click on “Create New Category”
- 3. A new field will appear to write the new Product category
- 4. Click on “Save”
You should now see the new Product Category on the menu bar:
How to Edit Product Category Name
Unfortunately, It’s not straightforward as you cannot edit the Product Category Title directly, but there is a way!
Changing Product Categories on Google Business Profile
- Create a new product category (as shown above)
- Move all products from the old category to the new category
- Refresh page
It’s unnecessary “complicated” but it is the only way to edit/change Product Category Name at the moment. Hopefully, Google will change this soon.
To learn the latest about Google Business Profile, you should check these articles:
- Google Business Profile Product Prices on Non-English Languages Profiles “Forbidden characters” ErrorIn some countries, there is a new issue where when […]
- What is the best Review score/rating for a Google Business Profile?Local businesses that improve Google Business Profile star ratings from […]
- Photos Uploaded Not Visible On Public Google Business Profile IssueThere is a big increase in the last few days […]