This question was submitted to the Google My Business Help Community Forum.
Details: “i created an account for my business that i recently bought and waiting on confirmation code but i found out that someone before have created a google business for it and can’t contact him so he can remove it or switch ownership what can i do to take control over my business on google
First, you need to remove your new listing:
- Go to the “Info” tab on the menu on the left
- On the right-hand side, click on “Remove listing”
Then you need to claim ownership of the original listing
I will break it step by step:
Storefront Business Profiles
- Go to business.google.com/add as you would to do to get a new listing
- Enter the name and address of your business, then select it from the search results.
- Click Continue. You’ll see a message indicating that “someone else verified the listing”. Otherwise, you can claim and verify the listing yourself.
- Click Request access and fill out the form.
- Click Submit.
Service-area Business Profiles
To request ownership of a service-area business from the current Business Profile owner:
- Go to business.google.com/add
- Enter your business information.
- Click Continue.
- Complete the verification process.
- Verification by postcard takes a few days.
- Once verified, you’ll see an “Owner conflict” dialogue indicating that the location is a duplicate.
- Click Request access.
The current profile owner will receive an email that asks them to get in touch with you, and you’ll receive a confirmation email.
For both business types:
After 7 days, you might have the option to claim the listing yourself. Just sign in to Google My Business and look for a Claim or Verify button on your dashboard. If you are not able to get the verify/claim button contact Google My Business Support.
Once sorted, you can use my Award-Winning GMB Empower Training to improve the ranking and optimise your Google My Business Profile.
Hope it helps
To learn the latest about Google My Business, you should check these articles:
- Google My Business New Metrics Rolled outI reported a few months ago that Google was rolling […]
- Google My Business Messaging is getting a boostGoogle is releasing new ways for your businesses to see […]
- Google My Business/Google Maps Spam and Fake Listings Guide FAQFAQs about Spam/Fake Businesses on Google