This question was submitted to the Google My Business Help Community Forum.
Details: “i created an account for my business that i recently bought and waiting on confirmation code but i found out that someone before have created a google business for it and can’t contact him so he can remove it or switch ownership what can i do to take control over my business on google
First, you need to remove your new listing:
- Go to the “Info” tab on the menu on the left
- On the right-hand side, click on “Remove listing”
Then you need to claim ownership of the original listing, check my guide»
Once sorted, you can use my Award-Winning GMB Empower Training to improve the ranking and optimise your Google My Business Profile.
Hope it helps
To learn the latest about Google My Business, you should check these articles:
- How to Remove Myself from Google My BusinessYou probably are an ex-manager or previous owner and you […]
- How to Change Primary Owner or Transfer Ownership on Google My BusinessThis easy to follow Guide will show you how to […]
- How to contact Google My Business Support [Updated 2021]Google My Business support is getting more and more elusive… […]