This question was submitted to the Google My Business Help Community Forum.
Details: “i created an account for my business that i recently bought and waiting on confirmation code but i found out that someone before have created a google business for it and can’t contact him so he can remove it or switch ownership what can i do to take control over my business on google
First, you need to remove your new listing:
- Go to the “Info” tab on the menu on the left
- On the right-hand side, click on “Remove listing”
Then you need to claim ownership of the original listing, check my guide»
Once sorted, you can use my Award-Winning GMBpedia to improve the ranking and optimise your Google My Business Profile.
Hope it helps
To learn the latest about Google My Business, you should check these articles:
- How to Add New Categories to Google My BusinessOnly Google can add new categories, so you will have […]
- How can I ask customers for Google ReviewsOne easy way to get customers to review your business […]
-  How to merge duplicate Google My Business listingsYou have one or more duplicates and you are in […]