This guide will show how you can respond to Google My Business Messages, with step by step screenshots.
To receive messages through your Google My Business profile, you need to turn on the Google Messaging feature.
How to Respond to Messages on Google My Business Steps
- Press on “Messages” on the left-hand side menu
- Choose the message on the left-hand side Inbox that you wish to respond to
- Type your reply at the bottom and click on the arrow to submit
Step by Step Screenshots
Alternative ways to respond to Google My Business Messages
Google My Business App
- Open the GMB App
- Tap on “Customers” on the bottom
- Next tap on the “Messages” Button
- Tap on the message you want to reply to and type the message at the bottom
Google Maps App
- Open the Google Maps app
- Press on “Updates” on the bottom
- Next press on the “Messages” Button
- Choose the “Business” section
Google Search “My Business” Dashboard
- Go to google.com
- Input “My Business” and press search
- Press on the “Customers” page
- Then on “Messages”, forwarding you to the web dashboard
GMB Message Respond Pro Tip
You can share photos with your customers through messages if you use the GMB App or Google App.
Shared photos can be any size or format. There’s no limit to how many photos you can share at once.
Responding to GMB Messages as “The Business” Issue
If you notice, your replies show your own Google account details (your name and profile photo from your Google Account) and not as “The business”. Like we see in the replies to reviews and Q&A.
Unfortunately, there is no way to change that.
However, you can create a Google account just for the business where the username is the business name and photo is the logo, then add it as a user and use it to respond to messages.
Future-proofing any privacy issues when replying to customers through GMB.
If you need to further your knowledge about Google My Business just check my ULTIMATE Google My Business Training! Early bird discount available 😉
To learn the latest about Google My Business, you should check these articles:
-  Google My Business Profile IDThis guide will show how you can find your Business […]
- Google My Business Suspended: Flagged For Suspicious Activity or Due To Quality IssuesYour business has been unfortunately suspended, and the reason for […]
-  How to Add and Remove Temporarily closed on Google My BusinessThis guide will show an easy way to add and […]