This guide will help you to transfer reviews from a GMB business profile, if the business:
- Moved from a location to another location and created a new Google My Business profile for the new location
- Closed one location/branch and want to transfer reviews to another location
- Changed ownership
If you wish to transfer reviews from a duplicate Google My Business listing at the same address, check this article instead- how to merge Google My Business Profiles
Transfer Google Reviews on Google My Business Steps
- Go Google Maps and get the Maps links for both profiles
- Contact Support and ask to transfer reviews
- you will need to provide them with both Google Maps URL Links. Check the request template at the end.
Step by Step Screenshots
Eligibility to transfer reviews of a Google My Business Profile:
If the new location (to where you want to transfer the reviews) is verified and has the same name it is possible to transfer the reviews.
Of course, there are some exceptions for businesses heavily tied to their locations, like hotels, golf courses, or scenic attractions.
If your business changes its name and meets the following criteria:
- You make a minor name change.
- You have multiple locations and the business name changes.
If your business changes its name but doesn’t meet the criteria, it’s considered a new business and reviews are removed.
Transfer Reviews Request to Google Support – Template
You will input the request in the Text box “Provide the reason for transferring the reviews”:
“Name: My Business Name
Address: My Business Street, My City, My Zipcode/Postcode
Website URL: www.example.com
Email Address: email@example.com
Issue: Transfer Reviews
Request Reason: We moved our shop and staff to a new location. Please mark the old listing as moved and transfer the reviews to our current listing.
Old Listing: https://www.google.com/maps….
Transfer reviews to our current listing: https://www.google.com/maps….
I hope this article helped you.
If you need further help, I am here for you. It does not matter if it’s your business or you are a professional that wants help with a client case, you can find more on my Consultancy service page
To learn the latest about Google My Business, you should check these articles:
- How to Remove Google ReviewsIf you are reading this article, you want to remove […]
- Google Review – “Can’t find this review” ErrorI received an email saying “Good job, you got a […]
- Will a Google My Business Profile lose its reviews, if the business move to a new location and change the name?My business is thinking of moving to a new location […]