What is it
Google is allowing 2 more ways to update/edit your Google My Business profile, directly in Google Search and Maps. There is a caveat, some features are only available for English profiles, the rest of the languages will be rolled out in the next few months.
You will be able to:
- Respond to reviews
- Respond to Q&A
- Edit your business information
- Add missing or update information: phone number, business hours, website, appointment link
- Add photos
- Add products (redirect to the your account dashboard)
- Add posts (redirect to the your account dashboard)
- Access to the reviews short link
How to update your Google My Business Profile on Google Search – Desktop and Mobile
Just follow these steps:
- You need to be signed in to the Google Account you use for your Google My Business Listing
- To find your Business Profile, search on Google for the exact business name or write “my business” in the search field
- To update your Business Profile, select “View profile”.
- In the menu above the search results, choose “Edit profile”, “Promote“, or “Customers”.
Update your Google My Business Profile on Google Map – Android
To update your profile directly you need to open the Google Maps app:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app.
- Sign in to the Google Account used for Google My Business.
- To open your Business Profile, in the top right, tap Account Circle
- Go to Your Business Profile.
- Choose from the available options, like Edit or Add photo.
Conclusion on this Google My Business Update
Google is launching more and more features for Google My Business, as local search is getting more prominent. Google told us that will be launching soon more insights data points for business owners.