In this guide, I will show you step by step the methods available to delete the photos from your Google My Business.
There are different instructions, depending on the type of photos you want to delete/remove:
How to Delete Photos From Google My Business
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business.
- Click “Photos” from the main menu.
- Click on the photo you want to delete.
- In the top-right corner, click on the “Trash” icon. (This icon will only appear for photos you’ve added).
- A prompt will appear for you to confirm the delete action.
Step by Step Screenshots
How To Remove Customer Photos From Google My Business
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- In the menu on the left, click Photos.
- Click on the customer Photo you want to remove.
- On the photo, in the top right corner, click on the “Flag” icon.
- A pop-up box opens with reasons for the photo removal request, choose the one applicable and press “Report”.
Step by Step Screenshots
Important notes, you have to request Google to remove the photos as these photos were uploaded by customers/visitors, there is no other way unfortunately to have greater control.
Google may decide not to remove the photos if it does not violate their content policies, in this case, you should frequently add new photos to your profile as Google prefers new photos to old ones.
If you want to know how to use photos and videos to your advantage, please check my GMBpedia Google My Business Training.
Alternative, request removal of customer photos in Google Maps:
- Open Google Maps.
- In the search bar, enter your business name.
- In your Business Profile, click the photo you’d like to flag.
- In the top left corner, click More » Report a problem.
- Or, if available in the top right corner, to report the image, click Flag.
Removing Photos From Google My Business FAQ
Can You Delete Customer Photos From Google My Business?
Yes and no… You can request Google to remove the photos but if they violate Google’s policies. You can follow these steps to request customer’s photos removal
You can also check these articles about Photos/Videos and Google My Business:
- Why are photos being removed from our Google Business Profile, when we are not deleting them?Many of our photos have gone missing/been removed off of […]
- Answered – Why was my Video rejected it meets all Google My Business Profile standardsI am trying to upload a Video of waves in […]
- Google (My) Business Profile Video GuidelinesGoogle changed a few times the guidelines for Videos uploaded […]