This question was submitted on 20th October 2020 to the Local Search Community Forum.
Details: “We’ve got a Business that’s been closed since March due to COVID, and have given zero indication in the profile or on the web that the business would be reopening anytime soon. Recently, we are repeatedly getting marked as open by Google. See Attached. Some of these have happened within hours of marking it as “closed” again.“
You need to show your profile as “Temporarily closed” instead of “Permanently Closed” and may take a few times for Google to “get the message”.
Please follow the steps below to make your profile showing as temporarily closed on Google Maps and Search:
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business.
- In the menu on the left, click Info.
- To the right, point to the section “Close this business on Google.”
- To expand this section, you might need to click the arrow.
- Click Mark as temporarily closed.
If you have multiple profiles, select the profile you want to change then follow steps 2 and 3 to mark your businesses as temporarily closed.
You will be able to learn more about Covid-19 and Google My Business in my article: How to update your Google My Business Profile(s) for COVID-19