You can do a few things to show “Appointment only” on your Google My Business Public Profile, even though you cannot change Google My Business Operating Hours to “Appointment Only”.
You have 3 options:
- Offer online appointments
- Add Appointment required
- Covid 19 Post with Hours/Appointment Advice
Note: The above options availability will depend on your business category and location.
Offer online appointments
- Sign in to Google My Business .
- Click Home.
- Find “Stay Connected during COVID-19.” section box
- Click the type of online service you want to update:
- Online classes
- Online appointments
- Online estimates
- To show your business offers online services, click the checkbox.
Add “Appointment required”
1. Sign in to your Google My Business
2. Go to the “Info” section – On the left-hand side menu, you click on “Info”
3. Find the “Highlights”/”Attributes” feature and press on the pencil – This feature should be under Services or Menu
4. Under “Health & Safety” select the Appointment required attributes applicable to your business
5. Press on “Apply”
Covid 19 Post
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business
- From the menu, click Posts
- At the top of the page, choose the “COVID-19 update” tab. You can include the following information: Hours of operation and Changes to how the business operates – Appointment Required
- Click Publish
- You can add “Appointment only” to the business description.
- The good news, the possibility of changing Google My Business Operating Hours to “Appointment Only” was put to Google’s Product team for consideration, even though there is no timeline for it.
Hope it helps! Be Remarkable!
If you need to further your knowledge about Google My Business, know how to optimize your profile, what can be done to help you rank better, detailed step by step guides, Pro tips, keep up with the latest changes, rules and optimizations, etc – just check my ULTIMATE Google My Business Training!
Google My Business Hours Tutorial Sections
To learn the latest about Google My Business, you should check these articles:
- Repeatedly being marked as open by Google. How to temporarily closed my GMB listing?This question was submitted on 20th October 2020 to the Local Search […]
-  Set up Google My Business hours “by appointment only”You can do a few things to show “Appointment only” […]
-  Google My Business “More hours”Google is giving you now more flexibility to create different […]