You can do a few things to show “Appointment only” on your Google Business Profile (Google My Business), even though you cannot change your Google Business Profile Operating Hours to “Appointment Only”.
“by appointment only” options to show on your Google Business Profile
- Add Appointment required Attributes
- Covid 19 Post with Hours/Appointment Advice
- “Offer online appointments” Dashboard Card
- Follow Google’s Advice and Remove Operating Hours
For detailed steps check my GBPedia Google (My) Business Profile Guide.
Note: The above options availability will depend on your business category and location and you can use all of them together.
- If you are an appointment-only business, current advice (not a rule) from Google is to remove the operating hours, however, you may benefit from adding your operating hours as it is an important feature on Google Search local results and can affect ranking.
- The good news, the possibility of changing Google Business Profile Operating Hours to “Appointment Only” was put to Google’s Product team for consideration, even though there is no timeline for it.
Hope it helps! Be Remarkable!
To learn the latest about Google My Business, you should check these articles:
- (Redirected) Google My Business “More hours”Google is giving you now more flexibility to create different […]
- (Redirected) Google My Business Hours Tutorial“Hours” is a very important feature for local businesses, customers […]
- (Redirected) Google My Business Special Hours and HolidaysThis guide will show an easy way to add, change […]