This question was submitted on 18th October 2020 to the Google My Business Help Community Forum.
Details: “When I visit https://maps.google.com and search for my organization (The Magic of Christmas), it brings up the correct map. If I then click the link to share our address/map it shows the URL as: “https://g.page/MagicOfChristmas2019?share” Is it possible to change this URL so that it shows without the 2019?”
The URL you are sharing is called custom GMB URL and it was automatically created when you created a short name for your Google My Business Profile.
In short, yes you can change it by changing your short name:
How to change your short name
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business.
- Go to the Info Tab (Left-hand side menu)
- Next to your current short name, click Edit.
- Remove your short name and create a new one. Then, click Apply.
- should be associated with your business name or the most common name people call your business
- up to 32 characters, the shorter the better
- non-English characters are not allowed
- change up to 3 times per year