This question was submitted to the community forum.
Details: “ I received an email saying “Good job, you got a new 5-star review” – so I clicked the big blue button in the email that says: “Read review” and I get a pop-up message that says “Can’t find this review””
First, you need to check if you can find the review on your Google my Business account:
- Login in to your GMB Account
- Click on “Reviews” on the menu on the left
- Search now for that review on the right
If you don’t find it in there, most probably that review was removed. These are the reasons why a review can be removed:
- The client removed the review
- The client closed his Google account
- Google suspended his account
- Filtered by Google Automated Spam Detector *
- The review violates Google’s policy
- A Google user other than the reviewer or business owner reported the review as offensive, spam, not relevant or inappropriate
- Google My Business bug/human error, I have dealt with occasions where Google removed reviews by mistake or transferred them out to a competitor listing
“Google uses automated spam detection measures to remove reviews that are probably spam. Although legitimate reviews are sometimes inappropriately removed, these spam prevention measures help improve people’s experiences on Google by ensuring that the reviews they see are authentic, relevant, and useful.“
What can you do
As it’s only one review, Google will not do much to resolve the issue and probably is not a good idea to contact the clients asking if they removed their review.
Your efforts are better employed in asking your current clients and new clients to review your business on Google. Check the article below for a few tips:
For more tips on Google Reviews and optimization of your business reputation management, feel free to check my Google My business Complete Listing Optimization Training.
To learn the latest about Google My Business, you should check these articles:
- Google Reviews New Scam – Pay to removeCBC investigation came across different types of issues with Google […]
- How to Turn On Google My Business MessagingFor your business being able to communicate and connect easily […]
- Google Reviews Preview Missing on the GMB Profile (Open GMB Issue)Some users are seeing issues with the Review Preview section […]