What is it
Google released this metric into Google My Business as a new Insights section back in 2018.
However, it was only available to listings in a couple US cities and categories. Now they started to release this feature to a wider number of places and categories. Let’s check it.
It’s called “What your business is known for”. As the name indicates, in this section you will get to know what customers think in general about your business, describing how they feel about your business, examples: “Cozy”, “Great Irish Food”, “Professional”, “Friendly Staff”.
How does Google get these insights?
- Through Google Maps Questionnaires after you visit a place (first photo below)
- Upon reviewing your place, Customers are presented with attributes options to choose, along with the review comment and stars rating.
Of course, the information is personal to your customers as they base their opinion on their experience. Also, the information collected by Google may appear your listing.
You cannot remove this information, only Google Support can remove it and you have to prove that the information is wrong.
How to look at “What your business is known for” insight metric
- Login in to your Google My Business account
- Click on “Insights” on the Left-hand side Menu
- Find the “What your business is known for” section
Conclusion on this Google My Business Update
More and more listings will have this feature, a reminder of how important is to impress and be remarkable to clients.
Google wants to provide more relatable and “overall feeling” info about a place to users and, at the same time, quick to read and understand.