Google My Business listings are showing the number of years in business.
Even though, this feature started to appear in September 2020, only today Google officially launched “Years in business”, and apparently is only available to service businesses:
“Add an opening date to your Business Profile to tell customers when your business first opened, or will open, at its address. Learn how to add an opening date.
While the “Opening date” feature is available to all businesses, eligible services businesses may find the “Years in Business” label in Search.“
How to add “years in business” to your Google My Business Listing
From where is Google taking this info?
Opening date field in your Google My Business account:
– Go to the “Info” section
– Almost at the end, you will have “Add opening date”, click on the pencil to edit this field
– Enter your opening date and click “Apply”.
If the business hasn’t filled out this field in the Google My Business dashboard, Google is defaulting to showing that the business has been open for less than a year
Feel free to check my Complete Google My Business Training
To learn the latest about Google My Business, you should check these articles:
- Google My Business Suspended: Flagged For Suspicious Activity or Due To Quality IssuesYour business has been unfortunately suspended, and the reason for […]
- 500 Error Message When You Verify Your Google My Business ProfileThere is a new trending issue with Google My Business, […]
- Google My Business Products Not ApprovedGoogle changed the way Products work on Google My Business, […]