Google changed a few times the guidelines for Videos uploaded into Google Business Profile (formerly Google My Business) Photos or Posts.
Also, Google has written and non-written Video standards, the written can be found on GBP’s help articles but the non-written are internal guidelines that experts got to know through support queries and experience.
Current Google (My) Business Profile video guidelines
Technical Google Business Profile (Google My Business) Video Guidelines
- Duration: Up to 30 seconds long
- File size: Up to 75 MB
- Resolution: 720p or higher
If any of the above guidelines are not followed the Video will be rejected.
Quality Google Business Profile (Google My Business ) Video Guidelines
- <10% overlay text
- Don’t add excessive filters, its use has to be minimal and without elements such as borders, text, collaged images, etc
- It is not offensive (yes Google AI can “read” videos)
- Don’t use slow motion or speed up the video
- Don’t add too much text
- Superimposed text or graphics (logo, watermark…) cannot take up more than 10% and must be relevant.
- Video footage that is out of focus, shaky, or has bad exposure should not be uploaded
- Distorted or corrupted videos are not allowed.
Also, you should note videos may take up to 48h to be accepted by Google, even if it fails or just buffers, just wait for 48hours.
To learn the latest about Google Business Profile (Google My Business), you should check these articles:
- How to Change The Primary Owner or Transfer Ownership on Your Google Business ProfileIf you want another user to be the primary owner […]
- Changing Business Hours on Google Business ProfileThis guide will show an easy way to change your […]
- Google Business Profile ID – What is, How to FindThis guide will show how you can find your Google […]