Google Business Profiles (formerly Google My Business) now show the number of years in business, a great feature for local businesses. In this article, I will talk about this feature and how you can add/change “Years In business” on your Google Business Profile.
What is the “Years in business” feature
This feature started to appear in September 2020, but only in February 2021 Google officially launched “Years in business”.
Even though any business can add it, for now, it is only showing for service businesses:
Google Statement: “Add an opening date to your Business Profile to tell customers when your business first opened, or will open, at its address. Learn how to add an opening date.
While the “Opening date” feature is available to all businesses, eligible services businesses may find the “Years in Business” label in Search.“
How to Change “Years in business” on Google
- Sign in to Google Business Profile.
- On the left-hand side menu, click “Info”.
- Almost at the end, you will have “Add opening date”, click on the pencil to edit this field
- Enter your opening date
Change Years in business on Google – Step by Step Screenshots
Years in Business Examples on Google
Years in Business Notes
If the business hasn’t filled out this field on your Google Business Profile, Google is defaulting to showing that the business has been open for less than a year.
I hope this article helped you.
If you need further help, I am here for you. It does not matter if it’s your business or you are a professional that wants help with a client case, you can find more on my Consultancy service page
To learn the latest about Google Business Profile (Google My Business), you should check these articles:
- How to Change The Primary Owner or Transfer Ownership on Your Google Business ProfileIf you want another user to be the primary owner […]
- Changing Business Hours on Google Business ProfileThis guide will show an easy way to change your […]
- Google Business Profile ID – What is, How to FindThis guide will show how you can find your Google […]