What is it
Google is testing a new crowdsourcing app called Task Mate. Google will pay people to complete tasks, per example taking photos of shopfronts!
The “take photos of shopfronts” task advises the following about it’s purpose: “This will help improve mapping services and bring businesses in your local area online“
It’s purpose decoded
Concerning Google My Business, I believe Google wants to achieve at least these 3 purposes:
- Help root out some of the spammy Google My Business profiles using fake addresses and private home addresses.
- Create new GMB profiles for newly discovered businesses.
- Add new current photos of businesses so customers can have a better representation of how the business looks like.
There are restrictions at the moment:
- The app is only available in India
- You will need an invitation code to sign up
- You will be paid in your local currency once reviewers approve your completed task.
Conclusion on this Google My Business Update
Hopefully, this app will start to be available across the world and help the good fight against Google My Business spam/fake profiles.
For more Google My Updates, check my Google My Business Updates Timeline.
To learn the latest about Google My Business, you should check these articles:
- Google My Business Cover Photo is not showing -What to Do Amazing Pro Tip to fix Google My Business Cover not […]
- Google My Business Cover Photos ExamplesBad Cover examples In the example below, you would think […]
- How to Choose the Google My Business Cover Photo Computer On your computer, sign in to Google My Business. […]