This guide will show an easy way to change a user’s role on your Google My Business Profile, and the step by step screenshots. At the end of this guide, you have the useful FAQ, News and Issues section.
You may want to change a user’s role to give:
- more permissions – Owner/Primary Owner
- fewer permissions – Manager.
Changing users roles on Google Business Profile
- On your computer, sign in to Google Business Profile.
- In the menu on the left, click on “Users”.
- Next to the name of the user you want to change the role, click on “Choose a role” dropdown and choose between: Owner, Manager.
- On the pop-up box, confirm the change
Step by Step Screenshots – Changing users roles on Google Business Profile
The user will receive an email confirming the new role.
Changing User Roles on Google Business Profile FAQ, News and Issues
Google My Business Site Manager has been Deprecated
Google removed “Site Manager” option for user type on Google My Business.
Google emailed users to advise after 24 October 2021 site managers were “upgraded” to managers
Other Links Related to User Management on Google Business Profile
- Add Users to Google Business Profile
- Remove Users to Google Business Profile
- Change/Transfer Google Business Ownership
To learn the latest about Google Business, you should check these articles:
- What to do when a Google (My) Business Profile has been hacked by unknown email and the details have been changedOur Google Business account has been hijacked by an unknown […]
- Google Business Profile Request Ownership Email with Incorrect Button Links IssueThis is a serious issue. As described in this section […]
- How to Update your Google Business Profile Directly from Google Search or MapsYou can now update/edit your Google Business Profile (formerly Google […]