Local Business Training for
Google My Business
and Local Google Search Optimisation
with Unbiased Support + Community
I named it:
GMB Empower Initiative
The initiative is exclusively for:
Small Local Businesses
- Black or grey hat techniques
- Create Spammy or Gen Leads listings or manipulate local search
However, I will show you the best ways to:
- optimise Google My business listings
- engage with customers
- manage a listing
- achieve top spot on Google Local Search
All the advice in the training is safe white hat, it will not hurt or suspend your listings or website. Better still it is updated with peer reviewed tactics and when industry and Google changes/updates are released.
Interested? Great, please keep reading
What is the Empower Initiative
(and it is not just video lectures, it's much more)
Why learning Google My Business and Local Google Search Optimisation
The truth is that Google is almost omnipresent when comes to online searches. Also, nowadays no one looks at yellow pages, they "google" it, even when someone recommends a place or business, most of the time you probably check it online before a visit or a contact.
Market research studies shows that:
• 96% of customers are more likely to visit a local business that has business hours on the Google Search or Maps page (IPSOS)
• 90% of customers are more likely to visit a company with a phone number in their Google My Business profile (IPSOS)
• Google My Business profiles had more comments and ratings than Facebook and Yelp combined. Google My Business had 2x the number of comments on Facebook and more than 10x the number of comments on Yelp (searchengineland.com)
• Companies were found through unbranded searches 70% of the time versus 30% through branded research. In other words, most of the traffic comes from consumers who are still not sure which company to choose (Google Insights)
Why Professor M's Academy
more than 40 qualifications in marketing
and counting 🙂
Proud of the hundreds of companies and thousands of locations helped
A Top Contributor in Google's Help Forum + Quora Most Viewed Writer
Why choose Empower Initiative
If you rely on free Youtube videos to learn, you will come across 3 pitfalls:
- You might learn old information, advice, tips that do not work anymore
- You might get the wrong advice, tips from false “gurus”
- Wasting hours upon hours looking for the right knowledge and making sure it is the best available information
Consequences: The first 2 pitfalls are really dangerous as might damage your online and offline reputation, you can be severely penalised by Google/Bing/Yelp/Tripadvisor by using disallowed techniques.
The last pitfall is the old business tenet: “Time is money”, and time away from family and friends. No support!
There are many platforms and people that provide courses, but again you will come across pitfalls:
- 95%-99% of those creating courses are not “in” for the long haul and just want to create a “passive” income stream. Just search for “passive income creating courses” in Google and Youtube to confirm.
- You might spend money on outdated knowledge, material as the creators are “in” for the passive income to supplement their full-time job, so updates will have to wait.
- The courses are not tailored to local small businesses as they have to be evergreen so they can appeal to the biggest audience possible, as platforms take a big commission (up to 85%) out of each sale.
- No or close to no support, no community, remember it has to be “passive”.
Consequences: To create and maintain an effective and useful training takes thousands of hours. So you will wasting your money on unreliable training and weak support. Again, it can affect your business as it might damage your online and offline reputation.