This workshop is essential if you own/manage 1 or more Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Cafés, Bakeries, Bistros, Takeouts/Takeaways, Pubs
Without question, GMB is the most important local platform or “local directory”!
Google/Ipsos research shows that: • 96pc of customers are more likely to visit a business that has opening hours on their Google Search or Maps page • 90pc are more likely to visit a business with a phone number in its listing
Google had more reviews than Facebook and Yelp combined. Google My Business had 2x the number of reviews on Facebook and more than 10x the number of reviews on Yelp. (searchengineland.com)
Businesses were found via non-branded searches 70% of the time vs 30% of the time via a branded search. Meaning, more than 2/3 of the traffic is coming from consumers who aren’t yet sure what business they are going to choose. (Google Insights)
The Risks of not knowing how to use Google My Business
That's why it is important my Google My Business Training Workshop: How to use and optimise Google My Business like a Pro
If you enter an internet search, no matter what browser you use, you usually receive results of businesses, products and services based on your location, especially true for businesses serving food and drinks. These local search results are critical to getting found and allowing customers to review your business.
Bottom line is your business MUST be listed in Google My Business if you want to be found online in a local search. It is also critical to make sure that your Google My Business Page is complete and accurate, and optimized to increase the success, for both your online and offline operations.
97% of consumers search online for local businesses (GoGulf.com)
Google has 90.46% of the search engine market share worldwide (StatCounter)
Google receives 63,000 searches per second on any given day (Search Engine Land)
72% of consumers that did a local search visited a Restaurant, Coffee Shop, Bakery or order takeaway within five miles. (HubSpot Marketing Statistics)
Google My Business is a free and easy-to-use tool for businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. If you verify and edit your business information, you can both help customers find your business and tell them your story.
Exactly how this Google My Business Workshop helps a business like yours.
Gain Instant Trust
If your listing appears in a Google search, consumers see that you have been endorsed by Google. If Google trusts you enough to display you in its results, they know they can trust you too.
Get More Visitors
Your Google My Business listing gives customers the means to access your business, but more importantly, it depicts what it’s like to actually go there. Even more importantly, it displays all of this information before a user even has to click through to your website. The more a person can envision what it will be like to contact or visit your local business, and the more quickly they can do so, the more likely they are to do so.
Get More Sales
Google uses your listing and other real-time data to be able to answer highly specific queries, such as “restaurant near me open now”. This allows for more of the most qualified people to find your business—those who are highly likely to make a purchase.
Engage with Customers
Google My Business has a review section, Q&A and posting feature, where you can communicate with your clients to appreciate their good reviews, take notice of bad reviews, even denounce spam/incorrect reviews, answer to customers questions and post announcements, events, and promotions to your audience.
Keeping customers up to date on your business keeps you top of mind. In addition, each of these post types has a call to action, making engagement easier and more likely. If applicable to a particular search, content from your posts may even display in your result.
You can’t afford to miss the opportunities Google is giving to you, for free.
However, your listing must be complete, accurate, and optimize if you want to reap its benefits. In addition to being 50% more likely to lead to a purchase, an optimized Google My Business listing is 70% more likely to attract location visits and makes a business 2.7x more likely to be considered reputable.
What are you waiting for:
Who Should Attend
The business owners/managers of Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Cafés, Bakeries, Bistros, Takeways, Pubs or similar food and drinks businesses who wants to learn how to setup, use and optimize Google My Business
There are no specific academic entry requirements for this course
Manage the way your business information appears across Google Search and Maps by creating and optimising a Business Profile on Google My Business.
- Achieve the following objectives:
- Verify the name, location, and contact information for their business and describe the services provided.
- Create a Business Profile on Google with all information filled out and request the verification code once completed.
- Answer the following essential questions:
- How does strengthening my online presence help my business?
- What benefits will I get as a business owner by creating an online profile?
- What are some simple ways I can make my business more ?visible and attract customers?
- What is the best way to respond to reviews?
- How to take and upload photos and videos?
- What can be done to strengthening the Google My Business?
- Internalize the following enduring understandings:
- It is possible to increase the visibility of my business on Google, including on Search and Maps.
- I can customize my Business Profile on Google.
What is a Google My Business Account?
Why Google My Business is a Must-Have for Restaurants
How to Create Your Google My Business Account
Choose Your Business Category
How to Verify Your Restaurant Account
Optimizing your GMB listing
Primary Category & Categories
Hours of Operation
Reservations, Order Ahead, and Menu URLs
Management and Activity
Advanced Information Settings
Upload Images to Your Website’s Photo Gallery
Communicate with Customers
Questions & Answers
Use the Your Business Profile on Google Mobile App
Tips for Multi-Location Restaurants
How to get to the top of the local search Pack
How to respond, get and flag reviews
How and what to post, posting secrets
The most common problems and how to solve it
Conclusion: It’s Time to Get Your Restaurant on the Map
- Navigate to www.google.com/business.
- Sign in to their Google account.
- Type the name of their business.
- Select if they want to add a physical location.
- If yes, type in their business address.
- Decide if they are willing to go beyond their location to serve their customers.
- Choose a business category.
- Enter their business phone number and website URL (if they already have one).
- Submit their profile for verification.
- Understand ALL of the functions within Google My Business
- Upload optimised photos and videos
- Create a free website with Google My Business
- Boost your local SEO listings on the search results page
- Respond to all reviews
- Create Posts for products, events