This privacy statement takes effect on May 23, 2018.
Your privacy is important to Gonçalo Mateus trading as Professor M and maintaining your trust is critical to us. We are fully committed to keeping your personal information secure. We will comply with the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation – RGPD and all other relevant data protection laws. If we ask another organization to provide a service for us, we will ensure that they do so as well.
This privacy statement is intended to provide information about the personal information we collect and how that personal information is used and shared. It also establishes your privacy rights. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices.
Any reference to “Professor M” in this privacy statement includes any of our subsidiaries, our final holding company and its subsidiaries, including Goncalo Mateus trading as Professor M at Professorm.pt, Bizforall.org and Professorm.org. By using our Group websites, mobile applications, products or services (collectively as our “Services”), the collection, use and sharing of your personal data is subject to this privacy statement.
We will update this privacy statement from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you before the changes take effect by posting a notice on our websites and, where appropriate, by submitting a notification. By continuing to use our services after these revisions take effect, you accept and agree to the revisions and abide by them.
We value your opinions. If you have any questions or comments regarding this privacy statement, please contact us at gdpr @ professorm .pt.
Goncalo Mateus trading as Professor M from 78 Meadow Brook, Tulsk, Ireland, is the data controller for the personal data you provide to us. We can be reached by email at gdpr @ professorm .pt or by calling 00353 852 649 295.
Data Protection Manager
To contact Gonçalo Mateus, if you have any questions about this privacy statement, our privacy practices, or if you wish to exercise your legal data rights (see the “Your Data Rights” section below). Although we have appointed a DPO, our Customer Service team will be your initial point of contact for all data protection queries. They can be reached by email at gdpr @ professorm .pt or by calling 00353 852 649 295.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you, including personal information, as you use our services and interact with us.
Information you provide to us and how we use it
You provide us with personal information for a variety of reasons, such as:
To pay for the services you have requested from us (Contract)
We may collect your payment information to pay for the services you have requested from us. This includes, but is not limited to, your credit and debit card number, card expiration date, CSV / CV2 number, BIC code (bank identification code), IBAN (international bank account number), authorization and authorization checks direct debit card. Credit and debit card information is processed directly by PCI-compliant payment providers who perform payment services on our behalf. Occasionally, our employees receive payment information from customers over the phone. When this occurs, the payment information is entered as instructed in the relevant payment system and all other copies are destroyed immediately. We use your payment information to administer processes and pay for the services you have requested.
To receive marketing communications (consent)
With your permission, we may periodically send you newsletters or promotional emails about exclusive features, events, offers and competitions to the email address you provide. To receive our marketing emails, you will need to provide us with at least your email address and, in some cases, your first name, last name, job title, and company. We are interested in ensuring that our marketing is relevant to you so that we may process your information to send you marketing communications tailored to your interests. You may opt-out of receiving our marketing communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included at the end of each email communication.
For competitive and promotional purposes (Contract)
We regularly conduct competitions or similar promotions in which you may participate voluntarily. In most cases, to participate in a competition, you will need to provide us with your name, email address, phone number and city information. In some cases, competition entries will be shared with the promoter and this will be specified when you enter. If you win a competition you participate in, you will be notified by phone and we will post your name on our site and indicate the prize you have won. If you share the same name with another contest participant, we will post your city next to your name. We use your personal information to administer the competition or similar promotion and in accordance with the terms and conditions, you accept when you enter.
We deliver these communications to the email address you provided to us when you signed up. We rely on the legal basis for processing our legitimate interests (see section “The purpose and legal basis for processing your information” below).
You can disable these email communications at any time by unsubscribing at the bottom of each email communication.
Live Chat (Contract)
We provide live chat sessions on our site to help you evaluate the products, services and subscriptions we offer. You can use our live chat sessions to chat directly with a Bot or one of our Customer Service representatives. We ask that you provide your name and email address and we use this information so that we can answer your question. You may, if you wish, send a copy of the chat transcript to the email address you provided. Your live chat correspondence is maintained by us for verification purposes and is processed to perform the necessary steps at your request before entering into a contract with us.
In correspondence with us (legitimate interest)
If you communicate with us, we will collect information such as your name, address, telephone number and email address and any other personal information contained in the correspondence and will use it to answer your question. We process this information to develop our legitimate interests (see “The purpose and legal basis for processing your information” below). That includes developing and maintaining relationships with our customers.
Professor M Services (Contract)
Goncalo Mateus trading as Professor M provides training, vocational training and education and consulting services through our professor.pt, professor.org and bizforall.org websites and social networking pages and groups that are managed by us.
To enrol in one of our training courses, you will need to provide your name, address, email address, telephone number and, in some cases, payment information. If your application is being sponsored by your employer, we will need to know the name of the company you work for.
We use the personal information you provide to us to administer and manage these training and subscription services, including admission, enrollment, billing, fee collection and billing and exams, as appropriate. If appropriate, we will collect your exam results and, in conjunction with maintaining your certification (s), your record of participation in our training courses. We will use the email address provided to distribute any training material related to your course/workshop/ subscription. We may also collect and store the information you provide to assess your training and training needs to customize the course content and / or evaluate the performance of your trainer and the training material provided.
Your personal information will not be shared with training partners, instructors, independent external examiners and accreditation bodies without your consent.
Not all personal information we hold about you for our services will come directly from you.
• If you complete an accredited training course with us, the accreditation body may share your final exam results with us. We process this information in accordance with our legitimate interests (see “The purpose and legal basis for processing your information” below). They evaluate the effectiveness of our training material, our training team and announce the success rate of our training services.
• You can sign up for our training services through third parties, such as one of our partners or affiliates or your employer. By signing up for our services, they indicate that they have the appropriate consent to do so.
By signing up for a training workshop or subscription with us, you agree that your personal information will be processed in the manner described above and in accordance with the Professor M Terms and Conditions that you accept when you register.
If you attend one of our events (Contract)
We organize many events throughout the year. These include, but are not limited to, breakfast briefings, live content events, live lectures, podcast recordings, webinars, training, conferences and seminars. If you register for one of our events, we will collect your name and contact information and, in some cases, your address and payment details, and will use this information to register for the event, process your payment and provide information and services. associated with the event. In some cases, we make audio or video recordings of these events and may record information about you as a consequence. We will always let you know in advance if the event is being recorded so you can opt-out if you wish. Registration for our events is voluntary. Once you register, we process your personal information in accordance with the terms and conditions of that particular event.
To verify your identity (Legal)
To exercise your data rights (see the section entitled “Your data rights” below), we may need to collect additional personal information to verify your identity. We will verify your identity by reference to the acceptable identification documentation you provide, which may include copies of your identification card, citizen card, current passport, driving license or utility card (PSC).
To participate in a survey (Consent)
We conduct research that we use to produce reports. Your participation is entirely voluntary. You may authorize us to contact you at the email address provided to participate in these surveys. We do not identify individuals, but we analyze the information as a whole. Any opinion you express, therefore, is anonymous. The type of information we collect varies and depends entirely on individual research. If you would like more information about the type of information we collect from our surveys, please contact us at gdpr @ professorm .pt.
Over time, upon completion of a survey, we may request your email address and, in some cases, your full name for competition, promotion or donation purposes. Participation is entirely voluntary and this information is processed and stored separately from the information you provide us for the survey. When you provide us with this information, it will only be processed to administer the competition or promotion.
Customization (legitimate interest)
We use some of the information you provide to personalize your experience with us by using our services, such as preferences and using your name when using our services, and to facilitate navigation on our websites. We use the aggregate information we collect about you to suggest and recommend personalized content. This processing is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests (see the section “The purpose and legal basis for processing your information” below).
On delivery of relevant content. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, please contact us at gdpr @ professorm .pt if you wish to object.
When you provide us with services (Contract)
You may provide us with your personal information if you provide professional services to us. This usually includes your contact information, address, telephone number, VAT registration number and perhaps your bank information. We process this information so that we may administer, manage and pay for the relevant services you provide and in accordance with the terms and conditions of our agreement. In some circumstances, your services may extend to live lectures or participation in our live events; In this case, we may make audio or video recordings of you.
Information we collect and how we use it
Goncalo Mateus trading as Professor M collects the following information about you by using our services and interacting with us:
Use of our services and cookies
We collect information relating to your use of our services to learn how you gain access or read our content. We typically collect this data in a way that, by itself, does not allow direct signing with any specific individual and therefore cannot reasonably be used to identify you. Aggregate and anonymous data is considered non-personal information for the purposes of this privacy statement. If we can link usage data with your personal information and identify you, we will treat that linked data as personal information as long as it remains combined.
We use login information, cookies and similar technologies, device information, and Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to record your use of our services as follows:
• We record certain technical information that your browser sends us, including Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting, access time; browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform and device type.
• We record usage information about your use of our site and services, including a history of the pages you view and other actions you take while visiting us, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) click stream to, through and through Our site; articles, content, and products that you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, duration of visits to particular pages, information about page interaction (such as rotating, clicking and mouse-overs) and methods used to navigate off the page, and any phone numbers used to call the customer service number.
• Technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, identifies unique mobile devices, such as the device’s IMEI number, mobile network information, its mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser used, and the time zone setting.
• Details of the use of our mobile applications, including but not limited to traffic data, location data, blogs and other communication data, and the resources you have access to.
• We can also use GPS technology to determine your location. Some of our location-enabled services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use a specific feature, you will be asked specifically to consent to your data being used for this purpose.
• When you sign up for or subscribe to one of our services, we seek and aggregate previously collected non-personal information about you through our services with the personal information you provide when you register or sign up. If we link other data to your personal information and can identify you, we will treat that linked data as personal information as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and similar technologies
We use technologies to determine if you have opened an email communication or clicked on a link contained in an email. Gathering information in this manner enables us to collect statistics about the use and effectiveness of our services and products, including our email newsletters and direct marketing communications.
Information we obtain from other sources and how we use it
Not all personal information we hold about you will come directly from you. We collect information from third parties, such as our partners and publicly available sources, such as social networking platforms.
We collect the details of your social networking profile, including your name and email address, when you sign up for one of our services through a social networking account. We use these details for our registration process. We may also automatically import your profile picture and subscription status from Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter if you choose to make these details public.
If you complete an accredited training course with us, the accreditation body may share your final exam results with us.
You have registered our services for third parties
You may apply for our training and subscription or subscription services through third parties, such as one of our partners, affiliates or your employer. By signing up for our services, they indicate that they have the appropriate consent to do so. We may share your personal information with these parties for billing and payment purposes.
Anonymous Information We Process
Advertising providers, including Google, display advertising for our services. Some of the ads you receive using our services are customized based on predictions about your interests generated by your visits to our site. This online advertising helps support the content, products, and services that Goncalo Mateus trading as Professor M provides.
We and advertising providers, including Google, use primary and tertiary cookies together to inform, optimize and serve ads based on users’ previous visits to this site. We use data from Google’s interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics to understand who our users are, to create a better experience for them while visiting our site. We can use remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online.
Ad networks can follow you to measure the effectiveness of your ads or to create a web browsing profile used to create more personalized ads. The AdChoices icon in our ads lets you know when information about your interests can be collected or used for relevant advertising. By clicking the AdChoices icon, you can learn more about the ad, collapse practices, and have the ability to disable this targeting.
The purpose and legal basis for processing your information
We collect your information for a variety of purposes and rely on several different legal bases to use your personal information.
To conclude and execute a contract with you
We use your personal information to fulfil our obligations under any agreements entered into between you and us or to take action upon your request before entering into a contract with us, including:
• To provide you with the subscription, services, or products you have requested.
• To process your payment information.
• To authenticate and verify your account.
• To provide customer and technical support.
• Administer and manage the training and training services you have contracted with us to provide, including admission, enrollment, fee collection and exam fees.
• Conduct similar competitions or promotions.
• To process live chat information, upon your request, before entering into a subscription or training and training or consulting contract with us.
• Administer, process and pay for the services you may provide to us.
• Submit important notices, such as payment related communications, delivery services, changes to our terms, conditions and policies, and notify you of changes to our service. We can do this by phone, mail, email, SMS text or other digital means.
With your consent
In certain circumstances, we will rely on your explicit consent to process your personal data. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. In most circumstances, your consent may be withdrawn by following the unsubscribe instructions included at the end of each email communication. You can also contact us at gdpr @ professorm .pt and we will be happy to facilitate your request.
To fulfil our legal obligations
We may be required to process your personal information to comply with certain legal obligations to which we are subject, including.
• If we sell or buy any business or asset, in which case we may disclose your information to the potential seller or buyer of such business or asset; In this case, the personal information we hold about you may be one of the transferred assets.
• Provide information to a Gardai Síochána or other governmental agency or agency when required by law.
• To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions that you accept by signing up for services and products
• Where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
• If you have exercised one of your data rights, we will keep a copy of all correspondence to demonstrate our compliance with data protection legislation.
• If you have exercised one of your data rights and asked us not to contact you by email at a specific email address, we will need to keep a copy of that email address to fulfil your contactless request.
Processing based on our legitimate interests
We process your personal information for carefully considered and specific purposes, which are in our legitimate interest and allow us to improve the services we provide but also believe to benefit our customers. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically replace them. You have the right, free of charge, to oppose the use of your personal information for our legitimate interests. Keep in mind that if you object, it may affect our ability to perform certain tasks to your benefit.
In cases where you object to the use of your personal information by legitimate interests, we may continue to process your personal information, despite your objection, when there are compelling legitimate reasons to do so. We will always ensure a fair balance between our legitimate interests and their fundamental rights and freedoms.
We process personal information for the following legitimate business purposes:
• Manage our daily and internal business needs such as auditing, data analysis, troubleshooting, accounting, customer service, auditing, technical support and fraud prevention.
• To provide a more personalized experience, such as content recommendations. By understanding what content you find useful or interesting, we can recommend more content that you might also like and continue to produce the most valuable content to meet your needs.
• To support our advertising services.
• Determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns, email campaigns and advertising.
• Research and improve the negotiation of Gonçalo Mateus as Professor M’s client products, services and communications.
• Ensure that the content of our website and mobile applications is presented to you and your device in the most effective way.
• Implement customer retention and recovery strategies.
• To understand and improve the usability, performance and effectiveness of our services.
• We may process your information to protect you from fraud when transacting our services and to detect, prevent, investigate technical or security issues to ensure our services are secure.
• Protect the rights, property and safety of Gonçalo Mateus trading as Professor M or the rights, property or safety of our employees or third parties.
• To provide information about other goods and services we offer, similar to those you have already subscribed to, purchased or consulted;
• Evaluate the effectiveness of our training material, our training team and in announcing the success rate of our training services.
• Understand the demographics of our customers and readers.
You have the right to object to this processing, and if you wish, please contact us by email at gdpr @ professorm .pt.
When and how your information is shared
Within our group
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and their subsidiaries and use it in a manner consistent with this privacy statement.
With third parties
We may share your personal information with third parties for a variety of reasons as described below. We do not sell your personal information to anyone and only share it with third parties who facilitate the delivery or fulfilment of our services and/or are working on our behalf. We contractually require our suppliers to protect this information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
Third-party service providers
We may share your personal information with third parties who perform services and functions under our direction and on our behalfs, such as accountants, IT services, payment companies, printing companies, lawyers, security and administration services companies, and other business consultants.
Third-Party Service Partners
We provide certain services and run promotions in conjunction with third parties and may share your personal information if the service you request is performed by them. These third parties have their security and privacy policies. It is advisable to review them separately.
Third-Party Training Partners
If you attend a training course, your personal information may be shared with our third-party training partners, trainers, independent external examiners and accreditation bodies. If your training course is taught by an outside university, we will share your personal data with that outside university, as appropriate.
We may share your personal data with an audit organization (ABC), in accordance with our legitimate interests, to check aggregate statistics on the circulation and use of our products or to review our policies, processes and procedures for compliance with relevant standards.
Social networking sites
Data storage and retention
Gonçalo Mateus trading as Professor M will retain your personal information as needed to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information no longer than necessary to fulfil our business and legal obligations. When we enter into a legal agreement with you, we will retain your personal information for a period of 7 years from the date of termination of this agreement by reference to the statute of limitation of a legal claim under contract. In other cases, such as direct marketing, we will retain your personal information for a period of 12 months after you stop receiving our direct marketing communications. For more information about our data retention policies, please contact us at gdpr @ professorm .pt.
The personal information we collect from you may be processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We protect the transfer of personal data outside the EEA by partnering with data processors that adhere to data protection structures that the European Commission has decided to provide for an equivalent level of privacy protection. All personal data that is transferred outside the EEA is transferred based on an EU Commission suitability decision as Article 45 of the GDPR.
Your data rights
You have several rights under data protection law regarding how we use your personal information. You have the right, free of charge:
• Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format
• Correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you
• Withdraw your consent where we rely on your consent to process your information.
• Delete the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions.
• If technically feasible, transmit your personal information to another data controller at your request.
• Restrict the processing of your personal information under certain circumstances.
• Oppose our use of your personal information for legitimate interests, profiling and direct marketing purposes.
• Not subject to a decision that is based solely on automated processing, where that decision has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you. We do not consciously make automated decisions of this nature.
• File a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have questions about how we process your personal data.
These rights are, in some circumstances, limited by data protection legislation. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at gdpr @ professorm .pt.
We will take steps to verify your identification, which we will do with reference to the acceptable identification documentation you provide. This includes, but is not limited to, copies of your current Passport, Driving License, or Citizen Card Public Service Card (PSC).
We will respond to your request within one month. If we are unable to respond to your request within one month, we may extend this request for a further two months and will contact you to explain why.