Are you struggling to find your business on Google Maps? Despite your best efforts to optimize your Google Business Profile (formerly Google My Business), your business is still not visible on the platform. This can be a frustrating experience, especially you know how important being visible on Google Maps is to attracting potential customers. In this article, I’ll explore some possible reasons why your business may not be visible on Google Maps and provide solutions to help you resolve the issue.
Reason 1: Incorrect Business Category
One of the most common reasons why your business may not be showing on Google Maps is an incorrect business category. When you create your Google Business Profile, you need to choose a category that accurately represents your business. If you select a category that is not relevant to your business, Google may not include your business in the search results.
- Review your Google Business profile and make sure you have selected the correct business category.
- Make sure that your business category aligns with the products or services you offer.
- If you need to change your business category, sign in to your Google Business Profile, click on the “Edit profile”, and select a new primary category that better represents your business.
Reason 2: Brand New Google Business Profile
Your business profile is new and may take up to 5/6 weeks for the Google Algorithm to make the connection.
- You will have to wait… in the meantime, make sure the business profile information is complete.
Reason 3: Incomplete Business Profile
Another reason why your business may not be showing on Google Maps is an incomplete Google Business Profile. Google requires businesses to provide accurate and complete information, including their name, address, phone number, and hours of operation. If your profile is incomplete, Google may not consider your business as a legitimate result.
- Make sure that your Google Business Profile is completely filled out, including your business name, address, phone number, and hours of operation.
- Add high-quality photos and videos to your profile to give customers a better understanding of your business.
- Update your profile regularly to ensure that your information is accurate and up to date.
Reason 4: Lack of Online Presence
Your business may not be showing on Google Maps if you don’t have an online presence. Google looks for signs that your business is active and legitimate. If you don’t have a website or an active social media presence, Google may not consider your business as a trustworthy result.
- Create a website for your business to establish an online presence.
- Build a strong social media presence by creating profiles on platforms such as Facebook, Yelp, BBB, etc.
- Regularly post content and engage with your audience to show that your business is active and legitimate.
Reason 5: Google Maps Settings
Sometimes the problem is not with your Google Business Profile, but with your Google Maps settings. If you don’t see your business on Google Maps, it’s possible that your location settings are not set up correctly.
- Open Google Maps on your computer or mobile device.
- Click on the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top left corner.
- Select “Your timeline” and ensure that your Location History settings are set to “On”.
- If you’re using a mobile device, ensure that your device’s location services are turned on.
Reason 6: Business Location
The final reason why your business may not be showing on Google Maps is related to your business location. If your business is located in a remote or hard-to-reach area, Google Maps may not be able to accurately locate your business, or you may have other businesses with the same primary category as yours in the same building or next door.
- Make sure your business address is accurate and up to date.
- If your business is located in a remote area, consider adding detailed location information to your Google Business Profile, such as landmarks or cross streets.
- If there are other similar businesses in your building or in the vicinity, you may need to change the location of your business.
Not showing up on Google Maps can be a significant problem for businesses looking to attract new customers. By understanding the reasons why your business is not visible on the platform, you can take the necessary action. If you wish my help, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
To learn the latest about Google Business Profile (Google My Business), you should check these articles:
- Why your Business is Not Showing On Google MapsAre you struggling to find your business on Google Maps?… Read more: Why your Business is Not Showing On Google Maps
- Google Business Profile Still Processing The Verification (Pending Review)This article is for you if you see the following… Read more: Google Business Profile Still Processing The Verification (Pending Review)
- Will my Google Business profile ranking be affected after a suspension?No, for most Google Business Profiles. Typically, your business profile… Read more: Will my Google Business profile ranking be affected after a suspension?