You requested reinstatement after your Google Business Profile was suspended or disabled. You then received an email from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com saying something similar to these:
- “We’ve looked at your account and it looks like your Business Profile is not eligible to display on Google per our quality guidelines”.
- “Per our quality guidelines, your business isn’t eligible to display on Google Maps.”
- “your business isn’t eligible to be displayed on Google Maps as per our quality guidelines”
What can you do?
If Google tells you that, as per their quality guidelines, your business isn’t eligible to display on Google Maps, it unfortunately means that your request to reinstate your Google Business Profile has been denied.
Before you create a new profile please try to appeal, as you will lose any reviews you may have and there is a high chance that your new profile will be suspended as well.
How to appeal the decision
You be able to find more on this article about the appeal process.
- Find out what are the issues/reasons are possible for the reinstatement denial by looking at the guidelines and correct the issues.
- Reply to the denial email:
- Request to appeal
- Describe your business operations
- Attach photos of your business front or vehicle
You should receive a response to your appeal within 24-72 hours, sometimes they will reply by asking you to contact the specialist team.
I have two resources that can help you reinstate your Google Business Profile:
- My Google Business Profile Suspended: Flagged For Suspicious Activity or Due To Quality Issues
- My Google Business Profile has been Disabled – How to Fix
If you want I can help you! I am a Google Business Profile Product Expert and a specialist in reinstating suspended/disabled profiles and have reinstated over 700 listings