Your business has been unfortunately suspended, and the reason for the suspension is enigmatic… In this article, I will explore the “Suspended” alert messages from Google and the most common reasons for a profile suspension.
These are the enigmatic Google’s reasons for suspending your profile:
- Your listing has been suspended for suspicious activity
- Your listing has been suspended due to quality issues
What do they mean?
Your listing has been suspended for suspicious activity
Normally this type of suspension is due to:
- Certain Profile Edits (Business name, Address, Service Area Businesses, Phone number, Category)
- Several Edits were made in one single section and it does not matter which edits were
- User Account Suspension
Your listing has been suspended due to quality issues
Normally, this type of suspension is due to:
- Google Algorithm signalized issues with your profile, most of the time because:
- Finds conflicting information about your business on the web (directories, Social Networks, your website)
- Identifies your address as residential address, co-working space, PO Box, UPS Store, Virtual address
- Found duplicates
- User(s) reported the listing on Google through the “Suggest an edit” feature – Algorithm suspension if it thinks reporting is justified
- User(s) reported through redressal form – Manual suspension by a Support Agent
Main Reasons for a Google My Business Suspension:
- Keyword stuffing your business name.
- Using a P.O. Box or UPS store address.
- You set up your listing at a virtual office or co-working space address.
- You have a service-area business and are displaying a physical address.
- You have an online-only business.
- You are in a high-risk business category, like lawyers, plumbers, HVAC, locksmiths, rehab centers, etc.
- If another business shares your same address.
- You have made a bunch of changes/edits to your GMB profile at one sitting.
- The URL you add to your GMB profile forwards/redirects to another website or links to a social media page.
- If you change your listing from a Storefront to a Service Area Business (SAB).
- Your address or hours don’t match what is listed on your website or other online business directories/citations.
- You list your business hours as 24/7.
- A manager on your listing got their Account suspended – so your listing got suspended because they got suspended.
- You created multiple listings for the same business at the same address (duplicate listings).
Help from Google
Part of the anxiety of a GMB suspension is that Google doesn’t tell owners why their profile was suspended. Even if you send emails asking for reasons. Normally they tell you to go through the guidelines and restrictions to try to figure it out.
And typically this is Google’s advice on how to resolve the suspension
- Review the Google My Business guidelines.
- Ensure your profile follows the guidelines.
- After your profile meets guidelines, you can ask for reinstatement
So not much help… That’s why the Suspension and Reinstatement Guide in GMBpedia is a great help to reinstate your profile successfully.
To learn the latest about Google My Business, you should check these articles:
-  Google My Business Profile IDThis guide will show how you can find your Business […]
- Google My Business Suspended: Flagged For Suspicious Activity or Due To Quality IssuesYour business has been unfortunately suspended, and the reason for […]
-  How to Add and Remove Temporarily closed on Google My BusinessThis guide will show an easy way to add and […]