If you are reading this article, sadly you have a Google Business Profile disabled. I wrote this article to help you understand the reasons for Google to disable your Google Business Profile and how to fix a Google Business Profile Disabled.
You will see this “Disabled” notice on your Google Business Profile:
- “Your business is not visible to customers”, followed by “Your access has been disabled because this profile doesn’t follow the guidelines. Edit your business info, and learn how to regain access. Learn more” – similar to the image below:
Decoding the above message, it means Google found something in your Google Business Profile that violates or potentially violates their guidelines. Punishing you with a disabled status and making your profile disappear from Google Search and Maps.
This issue is similar to the suspended profile issue but it is applied normally by Google AI when it doubts your business is real. Sometimes, it happens to businesses profiles normally waiting for verification.
This is what Google says about disabled Business Profiles: “When a profile violates our guidelines, it’s disabled, which means the public can’t access the profile anymore.“
Why was your Google Business Profile disabled?
Normally, it’s a Google AI penalty and the main reasons are:
- Finds conflicting information about your business on the web (directories, Social Networks, your website)
- Issues with your business name
- Issues with your address
- Spammy business category
- Found duplicates
In total, there are at least 75 reasons/issues that can disable a Google Business Profile. Not allowing your profile to be reinstated by Google. Please note, Google does not advise the reasons why your business was disabled, even if you ask:
Google Business Profile Restore Options
- How to Fix a Disabled Google Business Profile (Google My Business) according to Google
- Google Business Profile Disabled Issue Fix Alternative
How to Fix a Disabled Google Business Profile according to Google
- Check the Google Business Profile guidelines.
- Sign in to your Google Business Profile account, then review your business profile to make sure it complies with the guidelines and make any necessary changes.
- After you’re sure your location(s) comply with the guidelines, you can request reinstatement.
Even though the reinstatement process can be very frustrating, please note, you should never: remove the profile from the dashboard (you will lose all the reviews); create a new profile (high chances of getting suspended); and contact support multiple times or submit multiple reinstatements yourself (will only delay your case).
Google advises that currently they will review and respond to your reinstatement request within 2 weeks. With my clients, I am getting responses within 72 hours, in some cases within 24 hours.
Disabled Issue Fix Alternative
Unfortunately, Google Support will not tell you what is the issue or issues that disabled your business profile. Also, if you don’t fix the issue and provide the correct evidence for your business type Google may refuse to reinstate your profile.
But I can help you! I am a Google Business Profile Product Expert and a specialist in reinstating suspended/disabled profiles and having reinstated over 700 listings in the last 12 years, I am here to help business owners and agencies reinstate their Google Business Profiles!
If you already requested reinstatement, I can make sure your profile is within the guidelines and escalate your case for a quicker response from Google.
Even when Google denies your reinstatement saying your profile is not eligible, I can help you. Through my years of experience, I know all the issues that prevent your profile from being reinstated and what we need to provide Google Support Team to reinstate your profile.
How long does a Google Business Profile disabled status last?
Forever, if you don’t request reinstatement.
How long does Google take to reinstate a disabled business profile after submitting the reinstatement form?
Google advises within 2 weeks. My client cases normally take on average less than a week, sometimes next day. Depends on how busy Google is or if your profile is still not within the guidelines and need to appeal if reinstatement is denied.
What can I do if Google denied my business reinstatement request?
You can appeal if Google denies reinstating your disabled business profile. I can help you check your profile and appeal on your behalf.
How do I fix a disabled Google business account?
You need to check if your profile is breaking any Google Business Profile guidelines and then ask for reinstatement by submitting the reinstatement request form.
Can I delete my disabled Google business account and start over?
You should not delete your Google Business profile, as you will lose your reviews, photos, etc., and if you create a new profile, it will likely be suspended. More on this article: Should you create a new Google Business Profile after getting disabled.
To learn the latest about Google Business Profile, you should check these articles:
- If Google has suspended/disabled your Google Business Profile, should you create a new Google Business Profile?So your Google Business Profile is suspended or disabled and […]
- Google Business Profile Guidelines and RulesThis article shows the Google Business Profile Guidelines and Rules […]
- How To Fix Your Google Business Profile Suspended Because It Was Flagged For Suspicious ActivityI wrote this guide to help you if you have […]