If you see the “Disabled” notice: “This location is disabled because it contains errors or doesn’t comply with formatting guidelines. Contact support to get this location back on Google Maps.” – as per the below image:
It means Google found something in your profile that violates or potentially violates their guidelines.
This is what Google says about disabled Business Profiles: “When a profile violates our guidelines, it’s disabled, which means the public can’t access the profile anymore.“
Why was your Google Business Profile disabled?
Normally, it’s a Google AI penalty and the main reasons are:
- Finds conflicting information about your business on the web (directories, Social Networks, your website)
- Issues with your business name
- Issues with your address
- Found duplicates
How to Fix a Disabled Google Business Profile (Google My Business) according to Google
- Review the Google Business Profile (Google My Business) guidelines.
- Sign in to your Google Business Profile account, then review your profile and make sure it complies with the guidelines.
- After you’re sure your location(s) comply with the guidelines, you can request reinstatement.
However, the earlier I am involved the quicker your profile can get reinstated, because if you fill the reinstatement questionnaire and form wrongly, it can be months before your profile is reinstated or may never get reinstated, unfortunately. I know many cases where this has happened.
Just as peace of mind, I can tell you that I helped reinstate over 500 suspended/disabled profiles (some of them were part of small chains) in the past 10 years, even though I cannot guarantee reinstatement, my success rate is over 95%.
To learn the latest about Google Business Profile, you should check these articles:
- What to do when a Google (My) Business Profile has been hacked by unknown email and the details have been changedOur Google Business account has been hijacked by an unknown […]
- My Google Business Profile has been Disabled – How to FixIf you see the “Disabled” notice: “This location is disabled […]
- Google Business Profile Request Ownership Email with Incorrect Button Links IssueThis is a serious issue. As described in this section […]