Google My business listings for Service Area Businesses are having an issue with the change of address when you move location.
If you are a service area business, you should not change your address right now. Update only the service areas field.
What it is happening is that the business address change will not work and the listing may start to appear in another town/state/county (normally it will appear in Kansas…) on Google Maps, with no relation to your service areas or may revert back to an old address.
- Add your address back: go to Info Tab » Address field » Add back your address
- Listing probably will get suspended » Ask for reinstatement and explain the situation
Google is aware and working on fixing this issue.
12 January 2021 – A surge on the number of users reporting this issue .
No new update on the fix from Google
To learn the latest about Google My Business, you should check these articles:
- Google My Business Users cannot delete Photos and Old Photos RepostedMany users are complaining that in the past few days, […]
- How to add a business to Google and Google MapsSo you want to add your business to Google, welcome […]
- “Write a review” and Review Summary not appearing on Google My Business ProfilesThere is a new issue with some Google My Business […]