Google My Business listings for Service Area Businesses are having an issue with the change of address when you move location, it’s affecting at least businesses in US, Australia, Canada, UK. Normally, you come across this issue when you search for your business and it is not ranking on Google for your city/town.
The listings are instead placed in:
- Independence/Fawn Creek, Kansas if you are in the US
- Ghan, NT if you are in Australia
- Saskatchewan, if you are in Canada
- Moffat, if you are in UK
What it is happening is that the business address change will not work and it will remove the address on the back end.
You need to contact Google My Business Support:
– Advise your listing was affected by the Service area business known issue “Kansas bug”.
– Ask them to change manually the address of the listing
– Don’t forget to give them your verification address so they can add it manually.
Google is aware and working on fixing this issue.
Note: If the GMB support comes back with a silly response (change the map marker or address), go to the Google My Business community and report the issue with your case ID.
Updated 2021 September 20 – Google knows about this issue and it’s trying to resolve it. It should be fixed soon.
To learn the latest about Google My Business, you should check these articles:
- Google My Business Suspended: Flagged For Suspicious Activity or Due To Quality IssuesYour business has been unfortunately suspended, and the reason for […]
- 500 Error Message When You Verify Your Google My Business ProfileThere is a new trending issue with Google My Business, […]
- Google My Business Products Not ApprovedGoogle changed the way Products work on Google My Business, […]