Google My Business listings for Service Area Businesses are having an issue with the change of address when you move location, it’s affecting at least businesses in US, Australia, Canada, UK. Normally, you come across this issue when you search for your business and it is not ranking on Google for your city/town.
The listings are instead placed in:
- Independence, Kansas if you are in the US
- Ghan, NT if you are in Australia
- Saskatchewan, if you are in Canada
What it is happening is that the business address change will not work and it will remove the address on the back end.
You need to contact Google My Business Support:
– Ask them to change manually the address of the listing
– Also, advise your listing was affected by the Service area business known issue.
– Don’t forget to give them your verification address so they can add it manually.
Change your address back and risk get suspended
- Add your address back: go to Info Tab » Address field » Add back your address
- Listing probably will get suspended » Ask for reinstatement and explain the situation
Google is aware and working on fixing this issue.
01 April March 2021 – Google advised that this issue has been resolved and a fix is rolling out this month. But it is not resolve yet
To learn the latest about Google My Business, you should check these articles:
- Google My Business Cover Photo is not showing -What to Do Amazing Pro Tip to fix Google My Business Cover not […]
- Google My Business Cover Photos ExamplesBad Cover examples In the example below, you would think […]
- How to Choose the Google My Business Cover Photo Computer On your computer, sign in to Google My Business. […]